Poisonous Gas Leak April 11, 2003 at 11:13 AM CDT - Updated June 20 at 7:45 PM A gas leak that forced around 100 families to evacuate their Upshur County homes early Friday morning has been contained. Officials with the Texas Railroad Commission in Longview inspected the site around 5 o'clock this morning and have given the all clear. Everyone forced to evacuate can now return home. The leak happened around 3:30 this morning near farm to market road 1404 just South of Pritchett. The Upshur County Sheriff's office confirms the leak was hydrogen sulfate gas, which is highly toxic and potentially deadly. Once the sheriff's department learned of the leak, they enforced an evacuation plan...targeting homes in a two mile radius. Between 75 and 100 families were evacuated to the Gilmer Civic Center and the Pritchett Community Center.