Barbeque gets out of hand, sparking house fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Barbeque gets out of hand, sparking house fire

By Layron Livingston - bio | email

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - The fire happened shortly after two o'clock, Saturday afternoon in the 2100 block of Elgem Street.

Thankfully, it did not take long for Firefighters to arrive and get the fire under control.

Maria Reyes, the homeowner, tells us she and her family were enjoying a pre-Easter barbeque.

They were using the grill which was built into the chimney behind the house.

Reyes said rising embers may have started the fire.

"I went outside and we looked on top of the roof and could see flames coming out of the vent," said Reyes.  "I'm just grateful everybody got out okay."

Reyes said she's lived in the home with her two sons and a daughter for the past 8 years.

The fire is still under investigation

Copyright 2010 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly