HEMPHILL - HUDSON, TX (KLTV) - An East Texas man is dead after his mobile home caught fire due to unknown circumstances.
It happened early this morning off of State Highway 184 about three miles west of Hemphill. Fire officials were able to put the fire out in time to spare the home, but were unable to rescue a 40-year-old man trapped in a bedroom.
And just a few miles west in Hudson, a family of three is now homeless after candles caught their house on fire. The blaze started in their mobile home around four this morning.
Fire officials responded quickly however the fire took three hours to contain. No injuries were reported and the red cross is helping to provide shelter for the family.