Grease fire leads to evacuation - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Grease fire leads to evacuation

By Janis Demarest - email

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - A Tyler restaurant was evacuated Wednesday afternoon after a fryer caught on fire say employees. The blaze at the Wendy's on SSW 323 and Hwy 155 started around 12:40pm. According to employees, 9-1-1 was immediately called as employees and customers were evacuated. The Tyler Fire Department responded, and the flames were put out in less than 30 minutes.

Employees say the business will be closed for a short time in order for damage to be repaired.

©2009 KLTV. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly