Posted by Ellen Krafve - email
Released by Mitzi Barnes with the Longview Partnership:
LONGVIEW, TX - The Longview Partnership's Annual Golf Tournament, the PAR BUSTERS Scholarship Golf Tournament, will be returning for yet another memorable event this September. The Longview Partnership is actively seeking players to help fill the roster; company's willing to sponsor the event, and companies willing to donate golf items for player gift bags and door prizes. The opportunities offer wide exposure to the Longview Partnership community and the chance to take part in a fun and charitable event.
The event was originally supposed to take place September 17, but due to the heavy rains East Texas has been receiving, event organizers have elected to postpone the tournament until Tuesday, September 22nd.
Scratch-Off Cards will be available for you to purchase:
$5.00 each or 5 cards for $20
1st place - 42" flat screen Plasma HDTV - donated by Wal-Mart
2nd place - Laptop computer donated by - ComputerLand Network Technologies
3rd place - Fish Cooker donated by - Martin Gas Sales
Money and cards must be returned prior to tournament.
To purchase cards, contact Mitzi Barnes via email or phone (903.237.4021)
Here is the letter released by President and CEO Kelly R. Hall answering any questions you may have about the event's postponement:
Due to the heavy rains over the weekend and on Monday, PLUS the newly projected thunderstorms we are to begin receiving this afternoon, we have elected to postpone the tournament until Tuesday, September 22nd (posted rain date on application and website). I was informed by The Challenge at Oak Forrest that the course is still extremely saturated and if we receive another ½ inch of rain it will be closed. In order to prevent last minute scrambling, we have elected to postpone the event until Tuesday, September 22nd.
I realize this is an inconvenience and hope that your schedule will still allow you to participate! The tournament is embarking into new territory with having to utilize our rain date. This is a FIRST for us and our players over the fifteen year history of this event! Your understanding is greatly appreciated, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mitzi Barnes (903.237.4021 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or me (903.237.4004 or email@example.com).
- 1. I won't be able to play on Tuesday, September 22nd. What are my options?
- a. If you and/or your partner are unable to play, please feel free calling in a substitute name.
- b. If you need to change tee time, we will be more than happy to work with you.
- c. We appreciate your donation!
- 2. What if I won a door prize?
- a. Winner's names will be posted on the Partnership website at www.longviewchamber.com on Tuesday, Sept. 22nd.
- b. Winners can pick up their door prizes at the tournament on Tuesday, Sept. 22nd or from the Chamber office at 410 N. Center Street on or after Sept. 23rd.
- 3. Will the tee times change?
- a. Tee times will remain at 8:00am and 1:30pm.
- b. Registration will begin at 7:00am for the morning group and noon for the afternoon group.
- 4. Will meals still be included?
- a. Yes! Breakfast, lunch and dinner will still be provided for volunteers and players.
- 5. When will we know who won the prizes from the Scratch Off cards?
- a. Winners will be selected Tuesday, Sept 22nd.
- b. There are a few cards left if you'd like to increase your chances of winning. Cards are only $5 each.
- 6. Now that the date has changed to Tuesday, September 22nd, I know of some people who would like to play in the tournament. Is that possible?
- a. YES! We will continue to take player registrations until noon on Monday, Sept. 21st.