Elderly Woman Loses Everything in Fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

1/28/03 - Red Springs

Elderly Woman Loses Everything in Fire

A space heater is being blamed for causing a fire that burned down an elderly woman's home Tuesday morning. The grandmother and her two grandchildren lost everything they owned. It happened on County Road 3147 in Red Springs. Smith County Fire Officials believe a space heater inside a bedroom started the fire. Fortunately, no one was home when the fire started. The family recently inherited the home and were in the process of repairing it. They had no homeowner's insurance. Assistant Smith County Fire Marshall Oren Hale says he's worked five fires in the last week that were caused by space heaters or wood stoves.
Powered by Frankly