SMITH COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - Chapel Hill Volunteer Firefighters responded to an abandoned mobile home fire off County Road 219, Saturday. The fire started around noon. Firefighters say this is the second time the mobile home has caught fire.
The first time firefighters responded to the mobile home was on April 4th. We talked to Ellen Hill, who lived in the home at the time, after the fire. She told us she was taking a bath when she smelled smoke. She had to jump out her bathroom window to escape the fire. Fortunately, she and her son got out safely. Hill rented the mobile home.
Firefighters say no one has lived there since the first fire. They also say they do not know how Saturday's fire started, but say it is suspicious. No one was injured while fighting the blaze.