Posted by Ellen Krafve - email
Released by Officer Kevin Brownlee with the Longview Poilce Department:
LONGVIEW, TX - On April 30, 2009 the Longview Police Department Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team assisted the Gregg County Organized Drug Enforcement (CODE) unit by serving five narcotics search warrants.
The first warrant was served at around 1:35 p.m. at 308 Mitchell Street. The SWAT team made entry into the residence without incident and secured it for CODE Investigators. Upon searching the residence, investigators located a small amount of crack cocaine and traces of phencyclidine (PCP).
Arrested from 308 Mitchell Street were:
- 1) Henry Smith, date of birth 12-18-1958, of 238 Fair Street Longview. Charged with possession of a controlled substance and a parole warrant issued by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
- 2) Willie B. Jones, date of birth 6-29-1964, of 209 Mitchell Street Longview. Charged with possession of a controlled substance.
- 3) Courtney Randall, date of birth 1-11-1980, of 2101 South 12th Street Longview. Charged with possession of a controlled substance.
- 4) Thomas Ricardo Hubbard, date of birth 6-06-1979, of 812 Roosevelt Street Longview. Charged with possession of a controlled substance.
The next four narcotics warrants served by the SWAT team began around 8:25 p.m. The first two warrants were served at the American Dream Inn at 2015 East Marshall Avenue in rooms 31 and 36. Quantities of crack cocaine and methamphetamine were located in both rooms and a handgun was also located in room 31.
The last two warrants were served at the Palace Inn at 2107 East Marshall Avenue in room number 112 and at the Parkridge Inn at 2020 East Marshall Avenue Room number 125.
- 1) Quincy Ray Mitchell, date of birth 10-23-1978, of 1501 East Young Street number 77 Longview. Mitchell was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
- 2) Raven Shaw Rudd, date of birth 7-07-1980, of 626 Burders Road Longview. Rudd was charged with possession of a controlled substance.