UPDATE: Officials know where Ramada motel fire started - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

UPDATE: Officials know where Ramada motel fire started

Posted by Ellen Krafve - email

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - Longview fire officials say the Ramada Inn motel fire in Longview started in a vent above a clothes dryer.

East Texas fighters battled the blaze at the Ramada Inn on Spur 63 for more than five hours on Tuesday. So much smoke filled the air that folks from miles away could see it.

Officials say the fire started on the second floor above the dryer. More than 50 rooms were affected, totaling more than $1,000,000 in damages.

Powered by Frankly