Unattended pan of grease sparks fire at Longview home

Unattended pan of grease sparks fire at Longview home

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - UPDATE: The Longview Fire Department said a pan of grease left on the stove sparked a fire at a home Tuesday.

According to the fire department, at 11:45 am, they responded to 1708 Oden St. for a reported residential structure fire.

Crews arrived to find light smoke coming from the residence. Upon investigation it was determined that there had been a fire in kitchen that had resulted from a pan of grease left on the stove. The resident stated she had put the pan of grease on the stove to heat up and had forgotten about it.

The fire department said damage was confined to the kitchen only. There were two people home at the time of the fire with no reported injuries.

The occupants are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

PREVIOUS STORY: Emergency crews are responding to a reported structure fire in Longview.

According to a tweet from the Longview Fire Department, they are on the scene of the fire in the 1700 block of Oden Street.

Other details are limited at this time. KLTV will update you with any new information we receive.

Copyright 2019 KLTV. All rights reserved.