TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Shalene McNeill with the Texas Beef Council shares a delicious, easy recipe that can be enjoyed as a filling for tacos, sandwiches, or even on its own!
Everyday beef barbacoa by Texas Beef Council
- 3-5 lbs. Beef cheek or Chuck Roast cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 cup water
- ½ can chipotle in adobo, diced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- Lime wedges
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Cover and marinate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Add marinated beef and leftover marinade to cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or until fork tender.
- Carefully remove beef from cooker with little sauce as possible. Placing on a cutting board, shred beef with two forks and return to cooker. Cook for additional 10 minutes to absorb remaining liquid.
- If desired, crisp meat in a cast-iron skillet before serving.